Thursday, February 4, 2016

Five Months after Surgery

Hello, its almost 5 months now post my HT. The implanted hairs are stubborn i.e. they do not  grow at faster rate. So I am also stubborn. I am not having haircut even though it looks uneven on the head :)



There is not much difference between forth month and fifth month results. When I look at the hairs closely, I get disappointed as they do not look very dense. But that is what I was told to expect after 4-5 months.

In below photo, take a closer look at the hairs. You can magnify and see. Its a collage for left, right and top view. As you can see below, there are smaller gaps in hairs. They have not grown equally at all places. In fact you can see some small bald patches. Upon checking very carefully, you can see tiny hairs growing in the bald patches. But they seem to be not enough to cover up the area fully. This is  a thing to worry for me. I haven't discussed it with my doctor yet. But I am keeping fingers crossed that probably the hairs from front and back side would cover up these patches in 2-3 months. And also the smaller growing hairs would complement that when they grow fully. But if you are planning for transplant, do confirm this with the doctor. Basically if you see my photos from older posts, you can observe that these patch areas are not filled with very high density during HT. So probably its done on purpose by the doctor. Anyway, since my HT is done already, I can only wait for the results. But you should confirm it with the doctor.



At this stage, I think if I get a hair trimming of 5 mm all over, it would look good as transplanted part has hairs of that length. But I wont have it. I would wait for further growth. 

Here is the side view:



I apply the minoxidil daily twice. They have suggested it for 6 months. One side effect of that is the itching on head. But now I am used to it :) I also apply hair oil once a week to avoid drying of skin.

Though I am religiously following all the precautions suggested post surgery, I would expect some follow up calls from the doctor. But unfortunately it never happened. If you are planning for surgery, do ask about it to the doctor because when you pay such a huge amount, you should get good response till the 1 year incubation period is over for results.

Anyway, all the best if you are planning surgery soon. Happy hair-care and hair growth!!!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Swapnil,
    Thank you so much for all these updates. I personally think that you are progressing well, but like you said Time will tell :) I had a few follow up questions, if you dont mind:
    1) Did Dr. Manoj Khanna actively do your surgery or was he there only during certain periods?
    2) I am confused between AHS and Dr. Khanna. According to my research Dr. Khanna used to do surgeries for AHS (Advanced Hair Studio) before but not any more. They have a surgeon by the name Amit Gupta who is available for surgery. Did his name come up in your research? Obv AHS is all about sales etc etc, but still wanted to know. Another doctor that came up is Anjali Shere. Did she come up in your research too?
    3) I spoke to Dr. Khanna over the phone and he is recommending close to 4500 grafts for me. Do you know if they keep count of grafts etc? I dont want to sound knit picky but i red on blogs that these docs dont really care much so thought i'd get an idea from you
    4) In terms of negotiations, is it ok to as for ? They have quoted my same as yours.

    Doc is available and coming down to Mumbai on Feb 11th so have to make decision soon :) Kinda vervous.

    Thank you so much for all your posts so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for your comment.

      To answer your questions, the doctor doesn't spend full time with you during surgery. I would it is 30-40 minutes out of complete surgery time.
      He performs major tasks like making markings and creating hairline etc. But you should speak abut it to him before surgery and clarify.
      I am not sure about AHS. During my research, I found that Dr Khanna works with Enhance Clinics only.
      Regarding the question of number of grafts, the performing doctor tells the number of implanted grafts at the end of the surgery. But I think it is all predictive.
      They don't keep the track of exact number of implants one by one. Because they would be cutting the strip based on experience to cover up the area.
      So I would say you should insists more on filling up the bald area densly and talk in detail about it with the doctor before surgery.

      All the best for the surgery.

      Delete
  2. Hey Swapnil,

    How is your progress coming along? I got mine done too. Now its wait and watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please share your 6 month update?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Read all these Posts here regarding different different Hair Problems, but now you will have a very Useful and under Budget Solution which name is Hair Transplant in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  6. With the advent of technology, the hair transplant has taken a new shift and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is one such process that is considered as a breakthrough in this field of hair surgery. Technically, FUE is a technique of harvesting “follicular unit” or donor hair in the recipient area which is that part of the head, where the hair transplantation procedure is carried out. Please Visit Hair Transplant In Navi Mumbai

    ReplyDelete